MID CENTURY CHINESE ROSEWOOD/CAMPHOR LINED CHEST - $575
- Bought in Hong Kong in 1950 as a hope chest.
- Beautifully-carved rosewood exterior in a fishing village theme, with camphor wood lining to repel moths.
- Brass handles and latch plate with intricate details.
- 24" tall x 42" wide x 22" deep.
- Full asking price includes delivery from Armstrong to Penticton
ART DECO CEDAR CHEST - $275
- Made by the Honderich Furniture Company in Milverton, Ontario around 1940.
- Milverton was established in the mid-1800's and amalgamated into the township of Perth East in 1998.
- In 1911 C.R. Honderich and sons and August Eidt, founded the H.E. Furniture Company. In 1917, the firm added cedar chests to their line. In 1926, the H.E. Furniture Company became the Honderich Furniture Company. The furniture was primarily constructed using solid walnut and walnut veneers.
- 45" wide, 20" deep, 23-3/4" tall.
VICTORIAN HUMPBACK TRUNK $350
- Lock patent stamped 1891
- VERY RARE large size all original with tray and leather handles still intact, and still-functioning metal wheels inset into wood slats on bottom
- Measures 21-1/2" high, 32-1/2" long and 18-1/2 inches wide
- Metal work in wildflower and wheat patterns, with artwork of two women and mountain scene inside lid.
TURN OF THE CENTURY FOLK ART HOPE CHEST - $650
- One of a kind hand-crafted, hand-painted folk art wood chest with "1909" painted on the front.
- Even the hardware is hand-forged - including handles, lock and hinges.
- Beautiful patina on both the wood itself and the paint job.
- Measures 18-1/2" tall x 42-1/2" wide x 24" deep.
- Full asking price includes delivery from Vernon to Penticton.
SHABBY CHIC ANTIQUE STEAMER TRUNK - $175
- manly, patina'd beauty from the early 1900's
- metal, wood and canvas finish
- original wheels replaced with what appear to be 1960s vacuum wheels but they work!
- 35" long x 22" wide x 25" high
- Full asking price includes delivery within the Vernon-Kelowna-Penticton corridor.
ANTIQUE SOLID WOOD HOPE CHEST WITH BRASS STRAPPING - $275
- Beautiful early 1900's solid wood hope chest with Queen Anne legs.
- 36-1/2" wide by 18-1/2" deep by 19-1/2" tall.
- Inside is 34"w x 16"d x 11" t.
- Has some patina and no key, but is easily restored or looks fantastic as it sits.
EARLY 1900'S TRAVEL TRUNK - $95
- Flat top style, very sturdy with wood slats for support.
- Measures 36" wide, 20-1/2" deep and 19" tall.
- Would make an excellent coffee table.
VICTORIAN STEAMER TRUNK - $250
- 19th century "shabby chic" beauty.
- Large size, solid, heavy construction.
- Lock is patent stamped March 1869.
- 33" wide, 19-1/2" deep, 22" tall.
- Inside lid artwork is of a woman clutching a live chicken. Sadly her shoulders and head are absent.